Saturday, May 7, 2011

Demons (1985)



Let me start off by saying that I finally was able to squeeze in some new horror in between my girlfriend making me watch the Harry Potter's (which aren't bad by the way). And the movie I finally got around to watching was Lamberto Bava's Demons.

Synopsis taken from IMDb
Art imitating art is the basis of this demonic tale of a group of invited guests who are granted a free lunch in the form of a screening of a horror film that brings naturalism to life. Baited and penned in, this walled-in feeling quickly turns to screams and fear as those who are dead lust after the flesh of those living. The free lunch has turned full circle in the cinema of hell and it is only a question of time before the demons from the abyss are asking for second portions.

I had alot of hype and excitement behind these movies and was severly disapointed. It was a 90 minute gorey music video. The whole movie was people running around like idiots while they played 80's metal the entire movie as background noise. Now I love 80's metal, I like alot of movies with bad effects and bad acting, I also like movies that tend to be just so horrible that I kind of like it for a reason I can't put my finger on. But put all those things together and it is not a good combination of tricks.

I know this movie has a huge fan following, and this is one of the movies where I say to fans and to the movie itself "I don't get it. I don't think this movie was entertaining in the least bit."

I give this 1 star for the fact that I was able to laugh through it. Check out the trailer below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...