Friday, September 2, 2011

Prom Night (2008)



Let me start off by saying the only reason I watched this crap is due to being home alone and bored on my day off. And it just so happens that my better half owns this dvd and up until now I avoided it. But I figured now is the chance if ever to give this a shot. I should have kept avoiding it.

This was such a cliche PG-13 horror film that it made me throw up in my mouth a little. It was like watching a Halloween episode of Gosip Girl only worse due to the fact that I really liked the original and this one is nothing like it except the title.

What made it even more ridiculous was that the stalker/killer is taking out armed guards and pushing through being shot several times like he's some Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees, only he has a cheap pocket knife as a weapon and is a terrible character so it fails terribly.

Let me some it up for you. Ten years ago our lead, Donna (Brittany Snow) had an obsessive teacher in high school who stalked her and killed her family. Now in the present Donna is still overcoming the horrors of the past even though her stalker is locked up several thousand miles away in a nut house. And on Prom Night he escapes and shows up to kill her friends and to claim her as his own once and for all.

Hmmm sounds like the writers had a hard time coming up with this script...not.

1 star for me. Trailer below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...