Friday, December 23, 2011

The Girl Who Played With Fire


This film lacked the feel of the first one in my opinion. The first one was more gritty and this one didn't seem to be or come off as limitless like the first. Don't get me wrong, still a good movie, just not as good as the first. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo set such a high standard for this one to live up to and it simply didn't.

The acting in this one was on point as was the story and plot. I found myself not as interested or entertained by this one as I was with the first. This one seemed to drag out a bit in the beginning and it took a while to get started but by the end I was hooked.

The violence in this one as well as the effects were also on point. I think the thing I liked most about this movie is seeing more of Lisbeth's past and getting to understand it. However, I don't think she's a well enough character to base the whole movie around. I think she's like Hannibal Lecter, as a supporting character she works well. But when you put the spotlight on her by herself she doesn't shine. Just look at how awful Hannibal and Hannibal Rising were. Sometimes you have to let a character stand aside to shine.

However I'm really looking forward to seeing The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest (which comes today via Netflix). And after that I'll be venturing to see the American remake by David Fincher hopefully. If not atleast I'm caught up with the originals.

I'd give this film 2 stars.

Synopsis taken from IMDb
Mikael Blomkvist, publisher of Millennium magazine, has made his living exposing the crooked and corrupt practices of establishment Swedish figures. So when a young journalist approaches him with a meticulously researched thesis about sex trafficking in Sweden and those in high office who abuse underage girls, Blomkvist immediately throws himself into the investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...