Saturday, October 29, 2011

He knows You're Alone (1980)


The title alone told me I had to see this film, topped by the fact that it is labeled as an 80's slasher. So I got this from Netflix the other day and I sat down and watched it...

I really appreciate what they were trying to do with this movie but they let the Halloween influence come on a little too strong to the point of it coming off as a rip-off Michael Myers film. Some of the shots were exact as in Halloween as well as the terrible attempt at mocking the music.

This film had potential and still wasn't terrible but I just felt that had they gone their own way and showed some creativity this film would have been alot better and wouldn't have come off as such a Halloween mockery.

I did appreciate the kills and the suspense as well as the atmospheric creepiness and that's what saved this movie by a thread from being disregarded as trash. However, this film was Tom Hanks' film debut, kind of funny seeing Tom Hanks in this kind of film.

Synopsis taken from IMDb
A reluctant bride to be is stalked by a serial killer who only kills brides and the people around them. While her friends get whacked one by one, a hard boiled renegade cop whose bride had been killed years before tries to hunt him down before it is too late. Meanwhile, the bride has to figure out if it is all in her imagination or not, aided by her ex-boyfriend...

2 stars for me. Trailer below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...