Friday, August 23, 2013

My Rotting Zombie Arm

Last week I had the pleasure of meeting up with an old friend who is working on making a career in special effects. With Monster-Mania Con right around the corner, she needed some new work to add to her portfolio. I stepped in and agreed to let her work her magic on me. She couldn't do my face because of my beard, so we decided on going with my right arm.

With a combo of rice, liquid latex, and makeup, she achieved a really nasty visual. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. With this done on such short notice, I can't wait to see what she does when she really goes pro!

I've never had anyone put any sort of makeup on me, so this was a really fun experience. If I ever get around to shaving, I may volunteer to be a mummy, and see how a full body job would go. Maybe one day.

Here's the final results after about 3 hours work. I figured here would be the best place to share these pics. Looks nice and rotten. I love the rice/maggots touch.





7 comments:

  1. Oh THAT is disgusting... in the AWESOME way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez! That is awful! I mean that is really terrible! That is the worst thing I have ever seen! GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the best compliment I could have gotten. I'll be sure to tell Lauren (makeup fx artist) you said that she'll be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kev, you've hit the nail on the head. Totally Fulci, totally disgusting, totally excellent. Grimm, what did you do once it was finished? I couldn't have resisted going out and visiting friends and family...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. I went home and showered. There was an ongoing debate on rather we should order pizza and have me answer the door with my arm all screwed up. I figured if I'm answering the door, someone else could pay for the pizza. Nobody wanted to and so I didn't lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...