Thursday, February 16, 2012

The House On Sorority Row (1983)



Now here is a movie that I've been wanting to see ever since I saw the horrible remake. I was so turned off by the remake and how bad it was that I knew the original couldn't be as bad, especially since it's an 80's film categorizing it as an 80's slasher.

What I liked about this film was the story and the way it was pulled off. Really kept me on the edge of my seat and guessing who the killer was. There were some great kills and some moments where the female in distress is doing dumb things that are only going to get her killed, but that's how these movies go. Regardless of how much we want to warn them or remind them how dumb and foolish they're being it doesn't matter, they're going to die anyway (laugh).

This film, as I mentioned before, has a strong story and the acting is pretty good also. I just wish I wasn't a baby when this came out so I could have seen it in all its glory. Much different than the remake, that didn't even make it on my review list, wasn't worth my time.

It's crazy thinking of how this film has slipped under the radar of just about everybody! Since it was in '83 that makes it an early slasher film and deserves more recognition.

Now the only thing that I disliked about the movie was the ending. It ended good BUT I felt like it could have gone on longer. Kind of like they cut the last 5 minutes out of the film. But I did like the ending. For what it was I shouldn't have expected anything less.

Synopsis taken from IMDb
A group of girls staying at a sorority house clash with the house's owner, who wants them out. They decide to play a prank on her, but it goes awry and she winds up dead. Panicking, the girls try to hide the body, but someone (or something) witnessed the crime and begins to stalk them. 

I'm a fan of this movie and will gladly be adding it to my collection of on-growing movies. It never ends.

3 stars for me. Trailer below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...