Sunday, December 18, 2011

Super 8


It's hard to describe how I felt in the moments after watching this film. I had mixed emotions and I wasn't sure if I did or didn't like it. You gotta understand that I hardly ever have that reaction when finishing a movie. I either like it or I don't.

The train wreck in this film was incredible, a little over exaggerated, but still very very cool. I've never seen anything like this before. Well done.

The acting in this movie was surprisingly good and I found it more of a character study instead of a monster movie, like Cloverfield. And that wasn't what I was expecting.

The build up was well done, nice and spread out. But it got very serious very sudden and I enjoyed that. However, for some reason I don't feel that this film delievered or lived up to what it could have been. I felt like it was a waste. I just didn't get it although I admit I liked several parts. It just didn't work well for me. I didn't particularly like the Alien's look either.

Synopsis taken from IMDb
In the summer of 1979, a group of friends in a small Ohio town witness a catastrophic train crash while making a super 8 movie and soon suspect that it was not an accident. Shortly after, unusual disappearances and inexplicable events begin to take place in town, and the local Deputy tries to uncover the truth - something more terrifying than any of them could have imagined.

I would rate this movie a solid 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...