Friday, January 13, 2012

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest


This 3rd and final installment in the Millenium trilogy was a good but open way to end this series. I was very pleased after watching this film and now I'm going to make myself read the books to see how the movies measure up. Overall I am very much a fan of this trilogy and am pleased that I wasn't let down and that they actually lived up to their hype.

The Girl Who Played With Fire was the weakest link for me but after rewatching them I disagree. I think that this film is the weakest but I still really liked it. These films didn't really have a weak point to focus in on and pick apart. All around very good and entertaining movies.

This film is practically nothing but Lisbeth's trial and if she'll go to jail or not for the events that happened in the previous 2 films. I was intrigued by where they were going with the trial because at first they had Lisbeth's back in the corner, hitting her and the judge with alot hard evidence. I thought for a second that this might not end happy. Not that the first two would leave me to believe there'd be a happy ending (laugh).

But then Lisbeth and her attorney turn things around proving that not only is she innocent but that the prosecution was lying about the details to events that had occured. This was very edge-of-you-seat for me because the prosecution could and was making her out to look crazy. You didn't know what the judge would rule. The prosecution did have Lisbeth's old doctor from the institution she stayed at after burning her father alive. And that caused all sorts of hell with him having documentaion and stories of how Lisbeth is mentally insane and dangerous. He was crooked as hell.

I thought that the end of the film ended kind of flat but I liked where they went with it. It was a fitting ending and I'm glad I gave these movies a shot.

Synopsis taken from IMDb
After taking a bullet to the head, Salander is under close supervision in a hospital and is set to face trial for attempted murder on her eventual release. With the help of journalist Mikael Blomkvist and his researchers at Millennium magazine, Salander must prove her innocence. In doing this she plays against powerful enemies and her own past.

I give this film 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...