Saturday, June 4, 2011

Frozen



Adam Green (Hatchet) does it again with this psychological thriller about three teens on vacation at a ski resort. It starts off happy and kind of funny but takes a dreadful turn when the three teens get stuck suspended in the air on a ski lift and left there for five days with no help, only harsh weather. Frost bite starts to kick in, they start turning eachother and arguing out of panic until they decide to try and get down from the lift and get help. Then the real trouble sets in.

This movie is so well acted, I felt so bad for the three leads in this movie. I can't imagine how I would react if faced with their problems. I'd probably react the same way, which makes the movie realistic and makes it hit hard for me. These kids try everything possible and they're all things that everyone would think of when in their situation. I loved this film and I think this may be Adam Green's best film although I enjoy all his work.

Synopsis taken from IMDb
At Mount Holliston, snowboarders Dan Walker, his girlfriend Parker O'Neil and his best friend Joe Lynch don't have enough money to buy lift tickets. Parker bribes Jason, a lift-worker, with one hundred dollars. When the system is nearing closure, they force Jason to let them have one last pass. However, Jason needs to resolve a problem and his colleague misunderstands his instructions and stops the lift. The trio of skier and snowboarders gets stranded on the chairlift near the top of the mountain. When they see that the lights of the ski resort had been turned off, they need to make a choice: leave the chairlift or freeze to death.

3 stars for me. Check the trailer below.

1 comment:

  1. Good review. Heard this one was pretty good. I'm going to netflix this one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...