Monday, September 5, 2011

Bereavement



Being a huge fan of Malevolence I have been dying to see this film. Especially after finding out about Malevolence being part of a trilogy. Malevolence was a true throwback to 80's slasher even though it took place in modern day. Bereavement is the prequel to the chaos that ensues in Malevolence and I gotta admit that I had alot of hype behind this movie.

So I'm very pleased to say that Bereavement didn't disapoint. It started strong and ended strong. I even thing I liked it more possibly, haven't decided yet. But this was a great prequel, well shot, acted and edge of your seat moments. Very glad it didn't let down.

This film centers around Allison (Alexandra Daddario) and how she has to live with her uncle, Jonathan (Michael Biehn) after the death of her parents. She soon starts to ask questions about the abandoned meat and poultry building that she saw a little boy in looking out the window. After being told by her uncle it's abandoned they figure the little boy she saw is just a vandal. Only it's not a vandal, it's a young Martin Bristol (our villian from Malevolence) and he's trapped inside by Graham Sutter. And he's being made to watch as Graham butchers women, making Martin his young apprentice. But things really get going when Allison goes poking around the abandoned building.

If you liked Malevolence you'll like Bereavement. I loved them both. Can't wait for the third film!

3 1/2 stars for me. Trailer below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...