Monday, September 5, 2011

Scares That Care

On a website that I frequent I found this and seeing as we are all horror fans I wanted to share this. I support this and think it's a great idea.



Hello Horror Fans!

I'd like to Thank the Admins for allowing us to post about our organization!

I would introduce myself, but who I am is unimportant! I'm here representing Scares That Care!


Scares That Care!
is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to uniting horror fans to help sick kids.

Led by horror film director and retired police officer Joe Ripple, this benefit will utilize the fan base of the horror, haunt and Halloween genres to raise funds and awareness for sick children in need. We plan to have a GREAT time holding benefits, by showing films, having silent auctions and maybe getting lucky enough to have a few celebrity appearances along the way. Our success depends upon YOU.

To date, we have raised a minimum of $10,000.00 for both the Johns Hopkins Children’s Cancer Center, and The Kennedy-Krieger Institute!

This year's proceeds will be going to the “Make-A-Wish” Foundation!

And when I say proceeds I mean 100% of all monies raised!

Scares That Care! functions solely on the generosity of horror fans, or those who just like to help kids. All proceeds go to the kids…we keep nothing.

If this sounds like something you might be interested in head on over to the main SITE and check out some of the great things you can get for your donation! Including Jewelery, Wrist Bands, T-Shirts, and Teddy Scares!

You can also like us on FACEBOOK

Stay tuned to this Topic for future Scares happenings, including an upcoming Auction and Charity Dinner!

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post away!

Thanks all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...