Monday, September 5, 2011

Mirrors 2



The first Mirrors was an okay horror film, still enjoyable but nothing great. It did have a few good scares and some great effects though. I'm a fan of Alex Aja's films so I did like Mirrors, just not overly impressed with it. And when I saw a sequel was out and that it went directly to video I was not expecting much and set my standards pretty low. And overall I can say that I enjoyed it, wasn't better than the first but not bad by standards of direct to video sequels.

Nick Stahl (Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines) plays Max, our films lead. And he is still recovering from a traumatic accident that nearly killed him and did kill his girlfriend who he proposed to right before the accident. After going through alcohol and drugs he finally straightens his life out and gets a job as a security guard. But he keeps seeing his co-workers being killed in the mirrors reflections as well as a creepy girl that keeps showing up. But as his co-workers start to die he has to find out who the girl in the mirrors is an what she wants before more mayhem can ensue. And of course through all this he thinks he's crazy and it's not happening.

So I would watch this movie again on occasion, it isn't horrible. Just kind of predictible and weak. But the kills in this film are awesome. My favorite is when one of his co-workers is decapatated by a piece of shower glass. Ouch.

2 1/2 stars for me. Trailer below.

                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...