Saturday, September 24, 2011

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010)



Saw this movie last night after some anticipation due to the screenplay being written by Guillermo del Toro, who I'm a huge fan of. But I have to admit that I was extremely disapointed in this film. I truly didn't find it scary at all, there were a few cheap jumps and that's it.

I overall wasn't impressed. I didn't care for the story, the creatures and the ending. I'm not saying I hated the movie but I definitely am not a fan. It could have been alot better. Since this movie is still in theatres I'll save any spoilers and not give anything away.

This film also had a great cast with Guy Pierce and Katie Holmes, I truly expected more. I just didn't live up to what I had envisioned.

Synopsis taken from IMDb
A young girl is sent to live with her estranged father and his girlfriend at their new home. The father, Alex has plans to spruce up the home with the help of his interior decorator girlfriend, Kim. The previous owner of the home was a famous painter who mysteriously disappeared. Alex's daughter, Sally, soon discovers the cause of the painter's disappearance.

I'd give this movie 2 stars. View the trailer below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...