Friday, August 16, 2013

DO NOT DISTURB is more of the same old crap




RATED- UNRATED
RUN TIME- 85 MINS
WRITER(S)- B.C. FURTNEY
STARRING- STEPHEN GEOFFREYS, TIFFANY SHEPIS AND COREY HAIM
DIRECTOR- B.C. FURTNEY



Synopsis taken from IMDb
After his fiance is brutally murdered, Don Malek sets out for revenge.




At first, before actually going into this film, I was actually excited to be seeing Stephen Geoffreys  in a film again. I know he's been around through the years but, this is the first time seeing him in years for me. I'm a fan of some of his films such as Robert Englund's "976-Evil", and let's not forget his role as Evil Ed in the original "Fright Night". After watching the movie though, I couldn't help feel anything but disappointment. I can't say I expected much, but this is below par.

Off the bat, I'd like to say, that Stephen has become a Jean-Claude Van Damme lookalike. The age has seriously turned him into a twin or easy stand-in for Van Damme. The whole time watching the flick, I couldn't shake that out of my head. I found it quite funny because, I'm actually a fan of Van Damm's older films. And because I also know exactly how ridiculous and corny he can be.



Aside from a tad deeper of a voice, Geoffreys comes off like he stepped right out of his 80's cinema's and into a modern picture. Which I would like, if this was made as a throwback 80's horror film, such as Ti West's "The House of the Devil" from 2009. But this isn't made to look like it's from the 80's, and some bad acting shined through. Nothing against Geoffreys though, not any of the cast offered anything. No disrespect to Corey Haim, but his British accent was really, really bad. The only member of the cast that brought some convincing acting to the table is Tiffany Shepis.

Let me stop here and mention that if you didn't know this already, this is actually the same film as 2010's "New Terminal Hotel", which is a longer version. This version is re-cut and renamed either for the sake of the director trying a second attempt to make more money on his film, or the fact that the film changed distributors. So yeah, if you're wondering how the hell Corey Haim is in this film, it isn't because he pulled an Elvis or Tupac, and it isn't because the film was on hold and just released. It's because the film was already out there, collecting dust.

The film tells the story of Don Malek who seeks revenge for his wife's murder. He gets his kicks off on doing it and then, things get out of hand. It's so common of a story, I don't see any originality to it! It's just there. And this is going to be just as forgotten as it's original cut in probably just a few short months. 



I can say that I was surprised by the ending, since I've never seen the original film. It still doesn't do anything for me. It's hard to walk away from this movie with anything but a shake of your head. I try to be constructive in my criticism, but there's too much wrong with this film. And everything I have to say is negative, because all I can do is pick it apart.

So I'm not going to go on a rant. I'm not going to bother digging up all the dirt on this film. All I'm going to say is that it's never going to be watched again by these eyes. I got no enjoyment out of it whatsoever. Looking at Tiffany Shepis made the movie tolerable until it finally ended. Other than that, this movie is a modern piece of forgotten history. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...