Friday, July 13, 2012

Madison County (2011)




RATED-R
RUN TIME-81 MINS
WRITERS-ERIC ENGLAND
STARRING-KATIE STEGMAN, JOANNA SOTOMURA AND NICK PRINCIPE
DIRECTOR-ERIC ENGLAND




Synopsis taken from IMDb
A group of college kids travel to a small, mountain town called Madison County to interview the author of of a tell-all book on the accounts of several grisly murders that happened there. But when the kids get to Madison County, the author is no where to be found and the towns people act like they haven't seen him in years. They also say that the killer never existed and the murders never happened. However, when the kids start digging around to get their own answers, they find out that the stories may be more than the townspeople are letting on!




So the girlfriend came home one day and asks me if I've heard of a movie called Madison County, said that a friend at work told her about it and said it looked good and told me what it was about. So when I was at the local redbox returning The Woman In Black I saw the advertisement on the machine for Madison County. So figured what the hell? And I rented it.

The movie stars off slow and takes it's time as we see the kids going around talking to the rude townspeople and getting turned down on their quest to find the truth. The movie doesn't really keep you interested. The bad acting is crowned by the killer of this movie. I did not like this killer at all, I didn't like the way he acted or how he looked. I thought he was generic and took no thought to accumulate.


The gore and special effects in this movie weren't anything that we haven't seen already, been there and done that. Like the killer causing the gore, the effects are generic and nothing to be taken seriously. I truly couldn't believe how bad this movie was. I almost turned it off. It's one of those ones where you know 10 minutes in that you made a bad choice. But since I already paid the rental fee I swallowed my pride and drag down the long glass of crap that was this movie.


Once the movie ended I breathed a sigh of relief and told myself I'd never again watch this. I think the idea of the story was brilliant, I really do. But these people did such a piss poor job of executing it and bringing it to screen. I believe it could have worked if they put the right amount of time into making it. Instead it's just a common forgettable slasher flick. It comes off like The Hills Run Red, only there's nothing redeemable about this film.

I hope they don't do a sequel to this movie, please just let this one go. Or wait ten years and remake it. It had potential but it got washed away. I didn't really have a favorite kill or a scene, I really was just waiting for it to be over. I aggravated me how non scary the killer was. This movie had a bigger budget than some other slasher films and didn't deliver.


I think this is the worst horror film I've seen so far this year. Beating even the Gingerdead Man 3. That says alot.

THIS FILM GETS HALF OF ONE REAPER OUT OF 4




2 comments:

  1. I felt this one was weak as well. They way they found out information by going back to that diner continuously was stupid to me and unrealistic.

    It really wasn't memorable to me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...